There are Three ways on how to navigate your way to Sagada.
1. Manila - Baguio - Sagada >>>>
Here you can take the NLEX - SCTEX- TPLEX exit at Binalonan, Panggasinan Toll and continue your way via Mc Arthur Highway until Rosario, La Union where you will shift to Kennon Road.. beware though that incase you encounter Heavy (as in heavy talaga) Rain, it is best to use the Marcos Highway road (it takes longer but safer).
Upon entering Baguio, proceed to La Trinidad Benguet and follow 140 kms Halsema road to Sagada.
You will be in awe viewing those majestic mountain ranges and those Vegetable terraces along the way.
This is also the place where you will pass by the Philippines Highest Highway point at Sayangan, Atock Benguet.
- There are lots of curves some are tight and inclinations of road here. Be sure that your brakes are well maintained.. Here you will not be able to use 5th gear ever.
- Road traffic - this road is heavily used by the locals transporting vegetables and daily commute so you need to be patient following vehicles and not counter flowing on not secure roads. wait for the best chance to over take.. just a tip: if the slower truck or any local vehicle signals to the right while you are following them, it means that they are allowing you to over take them.
- Fog - Fog occurs early in the morning like 2 am until 5 or 6 am , its not that dangerous, it's normal so just slow down a bit in your driving.
2. Manila - Solano - Banaue - Sagada
Here, take the NLEX, SCTEX, TPLEX - Exit @ PURA (Gerona), but in my opinion, exit at the first toll VICTORIA - it is lesser in distance and faster reaching the PAN Asian highway or the MAHARLIKA highway at Talavera Nueva Ecija.. continue driving until San Jose then Carranglan Nueva ecija where you will encounter some curves and ascending roads to Santa Fe then finally Solano. From Bagabag Solano, you will take the Nueva Vizcaya -Ifugao road to the left until Banaue.
The road from Banaue to Sagada has lesser traffic so it will be a very comfortable drive.
3. Manila - Rosario La Union - Tagudin - Cervantes - Sagada
NLEX - SCTEX - TPLEX (exit at Binalonan) to Mc. Arthur Highway, follow the Ilocos bound highway until you will reach Bitalag just after Tagudin. You will then turn right to cervantes, the road here has lots of curves but there are less vehicles travelling so it would be manageable and comfortable still.
After cervantes, go to Tadian, Bauko, Sabangan and finally Sagada.
So what is the best route?
answer is you gotta try atleast two of them, you may try to go to sagada via banaue first, and when you go home, try the via baguio or via cervantes tagudin ...