Located 5000 ft. above sea level, Sagadians enjoy a near perfect ideal temperature all year round. It has an average 16 – 23 degree Celsius / 60.8 – 73.4 Fahrenheit nearly similar to an air conditioned area.
Before you pack your things up, you’ll need to know the following:
Temperature – it is cold in Sagada, you might need to double your sweaters or bring out that jacket of yours hiding in you closet.
Local Acceptance – Sagadanians are conservatives, they do not follow fashion trends in the cities here in the Philippines. People are accustomed to wearing cowboy hats, leather jackets, construction type boots, rubber shoes, jeans and mountaineering apparels.
What to AVOID wearing:
- Mini Skirts
- Too short, short pants
- High heals
- Shirts that expose your navel
- Un sleeved shirts
- Anything that does not expose the flesh
- Jeans, jog pants, jackets etc.
(sino ba naman ang may gusto na baduy ang picture sa camera diba) ofcourse we need to look good in photos that our family and friends would be viewing in the future right?
Suggestions on how to look Chic, cool, and impressive while not disturbing local community’s culture:
- Since Leggings appear to be a trend in the cities, you can use emmm in Sagada
- Skinny jeans are used by the youths now
- Mini skirts or short pants are fine but not too mini or short.
- Body fit shirts are totally accepted
- Mufflers are totally nice
- If you have over coats, it’s perfect opportunity for its use.
- Lastly, if you have those boots you do not usually wear, Sagada is a perfect place for it.