these are most asked questions by tourists to the guides of sagada
1) "pag lulusong ba sa tubig, mababasa?"
2) "may ahas ba sa loob?"
- bats, crabs, spiders are some living things found inside the cave but so far, snakes has yet to be sighted.. wala pa naman.
3) "babalik pa ba tayo dyan?"
- oww yes we are!!
4) "nangangagat ba yang mga bats?"
- so far no persons were yet to be bitten.
1) "where are the natives?"
- "ahem" your talking to one of them.. people in their traditional attire you mean.. 'exactly'.. only during special occations when you see an i-sagada wearing a g-string(mens attire0 or a gateng(womens).
2) "Bakit Yero?"
- typical house in sagada is coated with flat sheets so to protect the pine tree structure from decaying due to splashes by rain and wind
3) "amm, bat maraming sinkit sa Sagada? may lahi ba kayong Intsik, Hapon
- NOPE NON at all, they call us FBI.. (Full Blooded Igorots)
4) "bat parang fair skinned mga taga Sagada?"
- well, they are the typical igorots as more are more that fair.. hehehehe
1) "bat ang liliit ng mga kabaong?" "why are those coffins small?"
- it was a practice of our ancestors to bend the bodies of the person (fetal position) to fit the dug out small coffin.
2) "so mababasa tayo ulit dyan?"
- nope, were only going to view the entrance
3) "may laman ba mga yan?(coffins)"
- yeah, meron naman
4) "what are they made of?"
- pine tree
5) "Saan na mga mummies" (where are the mummies)
- we do not practice mummification in sagada
- we don't
" pero parang napanood ko sa TV ehh"
- "gurl", sa Kabayan Benguet yun
On a Trail Hike: while going to Bomod-ok, Ampacao etc.
1) "Malapit na ba?"
- for guides, its hard to say no to that so we normally say YES! hehehehe
- guides definition of "malapit" na is about 2 hour hike more....
- next time, always let the guides define the word "malapit"